Monday, August 17, 2009

What is a Savvy Spender?

Let's face it, we are all spenders. (Some of us more than others!) We spend money every day on food, clothes, and other essentials. What we sometimes forget is that we have a choice of how we spend our money. This is where Savvy Spending comes in to play.

The dictionary definition of savvy is: shrewdly informed; experienced and well-informed. This is the kind of shopper I have become over the last few months, thanks to Dave Ramsey's class, Financial Peace University, and what was, at the time, our desperate financial situation.

I am proud to say that I am a shrewdly informed shopper. (For those fellow FPU graduates, "That's Not Good Enough!" has become my motto.) I look for the best deals on groceries, toiletries, paper products, restaurants, family entertainment, etc. Since beginning my "savings spree" four months ago, I have saved over $1500 at Publix and $650 at CVS! And I hope to help you become a Savvy Spender, too!

Hopefully, this blog will help you become "shrewdly informed; experienced and well-informed". And will be a blessing to your family as much as the tips and tricks I have learned have blessed mine!